Pub owner, 45, was found dead in his cell before cops could question him about a ‘webcam’ girl who died while performing for him

An PUB owner committed suicide in his jail cell after being arrested on suspicion of killing a deceased webcam girl while performing for him.

Jerome Danger was about to be questioned by cops over an allegation of manslaughter when he was found dead at HMP Dartmoor in 2019.


Dangar was found dead in his cell after overdosing on prescription drugsCredit: SWNS: Southwest Press Service
Police were seeking questioning about Hope Barden's death


Police were seeking questioning about Hope Barden’s deathCredit: PA: Press Association

Police believed he watched 21-year-old Hope Barden perform autoerotic asphyxiation when she died.

An investigation into the caregiver’s death, which was happening online for extra money, concluded that she had been “unlawfully killed”.

Exeter Coroners’ Court has heard that Dangar, 45, who ran a pub in Tintagel, Cornwall, had stockpiled prescribed medicine before he was found dead in his prison cell.

A Home Office pathologist said he died of an overdose of prescribed drugs, and the court heard it was “extremely rare” for them to be in storage.

Yesterday, an Exeter Coroners Court jury recorded a finding of suicide after an eight-day inquest.

Dangar had been in pre-trial detention before being jailed in January 2019 at Truro Crown Court for 15 months and then transferred to Dartmoor Prison.

He had admitted nine charges of possession of extreme pornography of acts endangering a person’s life and endangering the genitals.

Judge Simon Carr said the 47 images and videos included “the deliberate torture of people who are clearly alive at the start and appear dead at the end”.

He told Dangar: “These offenses are in my opinion the worst of their kind,” adding that a pathologist had examined the images and believed that “at least three” people were “dead in the end.”

Prosecutor Philip Lee said the footage showed “concern with strangulation, stabbing, torture, suffocation and death.”

Devon Chief Coroner Philip Spinney told the jury that Dangar was transferred to Dartmoor Prison days after his incarceration at Truro Crown Court.

He was found dead in his bed the day before his new interview with Staffordshire Police over the manslaughter of Hope Barden.

The coroner added that Dangar was prescribed medication and was allowed to keep the pills in his cell.


Dangar had previously written to his parents about suicide, but wrote in one that “he didn’t have the bottle to hang himself on.”

A letter found in his cell written by Dangar said he was “ashamed” and wondered if he was “the most hated in Tintagel”.

He wrote that he was “totally innocent” of Hope’s death, but that he was “losing his mind” in prison.

During the inquest into Miss Burden’s death, the coroner heard that Dangar was a depraved “snuff movie” fan who left her to die after seeing her suffocate on a live sex webcam.

They heard that she was paid to perform “degrading and dangerous” acts by Dangar after meeting her on an adult website where she was earning money to supplement her salary as a caregiver.

Dangar paid £ 2,300 over three months to watch it and then police found videos of the abuse at his home.

Hope died of asphyxiation during her searches in Burton, Staffs, in March 2018, while Dangar watched live but did not call emergency services.

Dangar watched the caregiver's death as it performed for him on a webcam


Dangar watched the caregiver’s death as it performed for him on a webcamCredit: Facebook
Source link

About Joaquin Robertson

Joaquin Robertson

Check Also

Terrifying details emerge after North Carolina man charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting 2 women

GREENSBORO, NC (WGHP) – 911 calls from two Guilford County women illustrate the terrifying times …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *