PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS TO BE FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) #20 DHA for AcqDemo Business and Technical Management Career Path (NH)
Public notice number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-23-0005
Opening and closing dates: October 18, 2022 to October 28, 2022 (11:59 p.m. CT)
Position Title : Systems Engineer. Multiple positions can be filled using this public notice
To note: NH-0801-03
This is a salary band position. The NH-03 band encompasses GS12/13 grades under the General Schedule (GS) system.
Full performance level: NH-03
Service location: U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center, Program Executive Office Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Wage scale: $82,266 – $127,170
Work timetable: Full time
Type of appointment: Permanent
Start date: On or around November 20, 2022
Move: Moving expenses (PCS) are not allowed
Travel requirement: Up to 10% temporary travel required
Who can apply: United States citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic qualification requirement:
In addition to meeting the specialist experience qualifications below, your application package must reflect the education requirements listed below to meet the individual job requirements for 0801:
A degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree from an engineering school with at least one ABET-accredited program; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (linking structure of particles and aggregates to properties); and (g) any other comparable field of basic engineering or physical science, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. -WHERE-
B. Combination of education and experience – College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that has provided (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a sound understanding, both theoretical and practical, of science and technology of the engineer and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of this background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or license – Current registration as an Engineer-in-Training (EI), Engineer-in-Training (EIT) 1, or Professional Engineer (PE) license by any state, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. In the absence of other means of qualifying under this standard, applicants who have obtained such registration by means other than a written test (for example, state grandfathering provisions or eminence) are only eligible for positions that are in or closely related to the specialty area of their registration. For example, an applicant who obtains registration through a state board’s eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer would generally only be considered eligible for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written test – Proof of passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) 2 exam or other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensing board in the various states, District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
3. Specified Academic Courses – Completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in physical sciences, mathematics and engineering sciences and which included the courses specified in the basic requirements in paragraph A. Courses must be fully acceptable to meet the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A.
4. Related program – Successful completion of a study program leading to a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, provided the candidate has at least 1 year of professional engineering experience gained under the supervision and direction of a professional engineer. Normally, there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering skills, or several years of previous engineering-type professional experience, for example in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related programs are not exhaustive.)
REMARK: If you do not provide transcripts, you will be considered ineligible for this position.
Responsible for executing the system engineering process during all phases of the product lifecycle for DoD-purchased subsystems, systems, or systems of systems. Performs all systems engineering tasks to effectively implement disciplined systems engineering processes and procedures throughout all phases of acquisition of the assigned subsystem, system, or system of systems.
The definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower rank/level position in Federal Service (GS-11/NH-02).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the experience required to qualify. For this position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience only–no substitution of education for experience is allowed.
A) Interfaces with Contractor counterparts to ensure constant and current flow of information to all parties for engineering and systems integration.
B) Prepares program documentation in support of systems engineering efforts.
C) Applies sound system engineering principles and procedures to develop user needs and requirements in system functions and performance parameters and in identification of systems configuration.
D) Plans and develops systems engineering strategies, integration frameworks, systems engineering plans, and systems architectures. Maintains an understanding of the program with a focus on cost, schedule and performance.
Conditions of employment:
1) Must meet federal employability
2) Will be required to provide proof of US citizenship
3) May be required to complete a 2-year probationary period
4) Payroll direct deposit is required
5) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
6) Salary includes applicable local salary or local market supplement
7) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a secret security clearance for the duration of employment.
8) This position has a temporary duty duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
9) The selected individual is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Staff Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon commencement and annually.
10) This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology position. The selected individual must meet the position requirements for Acquisition Career Field Engineering and Technical Management, Career Level Certification within 36 months of entering service.
How to register:
Please send an e-mail to: [email protected] containing the following:
– resume which includes must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
– Transcripts which include the date your degree was conferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, but official transcripts will be required if selected. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
– Education abroad: If you use education from foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must demonstrate that the credentials have been assessed by a private organization specializing in the interpretation of foreign curricula and that those studies have been judged equivalent to those acquired in an accredited US educational program; or full credit was given for coursework at an accredited college or university in the United States. For more information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visit us-forrecog.html
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word formatpreferably (not required) registered under “Surname, first initial – document type”, i.e. “Doe, J – CV”
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. CT on October 28, 2022.
Please note: Applications received after the closing date, which do not contain CVs and transcripts, and CVs which do not contain all the required information or which are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.