Russian state buy order 2020 executed despite lockdown – Minister – Military and Defense

MOSCOW, August 4. / TASS /. Russian defense industry companies have fully executed last year’s defense purchase order and foreign contracts despite coronavirus lockdowns, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said in an interview in the newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda, published Wednesday.

“As a result of necessary decisions taken by the President of Russia at the time [in 2020], the defense purchase order and the country’s defense cooperation obligations have been fully fulfilled, ”Shoigu said.

By his own words, the majority of Russian defense companies have de facto halted production after the Russian president announced a period of non-work in March 2020 in an effort to curb infection with the novel coronavirus. The list of such companies includes Sevmash and Zvezdochka shipyards, small arms manufacturer Kalashnikov Concern, truck manufacturer Kamaz, Ulan-Ude aircraft factory and many others.

“Nearly two million workers and engineers across the country were not working. worth nearly 1.5 trillion rubles and export deliveries to our foreign partners of equal value were threatened with disruption, “Shoigu added.

The minister went on to say that after reporting to the Russian president on the matter, a meeting of officials from the Russian Defense Ministry and the Ministry of Industry and Trade, as well as heads of Russian defense companies , had been summoned.

“During the meeting, the president took measured and timely decisions regarding the resumption of production of weapons and military equipment for the Russian armed forces and foreign partners in a secure environment. Under the permanent control of the Center of national defense management, the production pace has been restored in all defense enterprises, ”Shoigu said.

The Russian Defense Ministry said its radiation, chemical and biological protection troops carried out sanitation and disinfection efforts at production sites.

“From April 10, 2020, we are helping to disinfect companies in the defense industry. To date, our radiation protection, chemical and biological protection units have carried out more than 700 operations to disinfect 93 production facilities. As a result of this effort, more than 3,500 workshops and production buildings with a total area of ​​over 2 million square meters have been disinfected, ”he said.

Source link

About Joaquin Robertson

Joaquin Robertson

Check Also

Telecom Relief LIVE Updates: 100% FDI authorized under the automatic route, moratorium approved for 4 years on telecommunications contributions

!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates Tata Sons chairman rules out management overhaul …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *